Thursday, January 15, 2015

BOOK REVIEW: Lucky Spools Essential Guide to Modern Quiltmaking

BOOK REVIEW

"Lucky Spool's Essential Guide to Modern Quilt Making"

I rate it 5 Stars

A gorgeous quilting book.
Yes there are lots of quilting books out there and these days there are lots of books on Modern Quilting but this one just made sense to me.
It has a wonderful section on colour, all the hues, variations, saturations and so on, this is not my strong point but I read this section thoroughly and it was written really well with some excellent photo's and diagrams to help along.
Sections on working with solids, prints, structure, improvisation and just about anything you could want to try in a quilt can be found in this book.
As I said there are many books on quilting on the market and some will suit, some won't. This one is thorough, well written, diagramed and photographed..
There are troubleshooting guides all the way through so you don't have to find them in the back of the book, other little tidbits and "Geek" tips.
Patterns galore in many styles and then to my absolute pleasure there is 
"A Study of 50 Modern Quilts" right towards the end, full of pictures and descripitions of 50 different "Modern" quilts.  It's heaven in a book for quilters, I just loved it and now I can't wait for the kids to go back to school so I can get the fabric and the sewing machine out....
I received no payment in any form for this review.....
It was an Advance Reader Copy book for review.

No comments: