I whipped it up from a layer cake early this year so I could have a sample for a market stall i was doing.
I then ended up selling it at our Football/Netball Club promise auction in August.
I was a bit sad to see it go as I was quite pleased with my first effort at stack and slash that I made up all on my own (well I got the idea from a book but did it my way)
|Finished quilt with binding.|
I got some Layer Cake squares, piled up 5 at a time and then made a 3" strip in the centre of each of them then I took the strip and cut a 3" square out of each one.
I did this with all 42 squares and that way I could swap every single square around and mix up all the centre squares.
I made the first strip really random so that they are off centre and out of kilter and I think it turned out alright.
One Layer Cake really makes a decent size quilt.
I straight line quilted beside each seam going up and also across. Then I also straight line quilted down the lenght of the centre of each column to give a longer illusion.