Tuesday, January 13, 2015

BOOK REVIEW: The Crochet Answer book 2nd ed. by Edie Eckman

The Crochet Answer Book, 2nd Edition by Edie Eckman

I rate it 5 Stars

A very comprehensive Crochet book.....
As the title says it really is The Crochet Answer book, I was so excited to be able to review this book as I have been crocheting for a few years now but still consider myself a bit of a beginner/not quite intermediate.
It is set out in a very clever way with a Question and then the Answer directly after.
It's very comprehensive with chapters on the usual, hooks, yarns and stitches.
But I found it to be much more than your regular how to crochet book and the author says in the introduction that is not what this book is supposed to be.
She is right.
It's got to be every question I could ever think to ask answered all in one book, and then some that I never would have thought to ask.
There is even an explanation as to why some hooks have the dip below the head, I had not even noticed this on my hooks.....
I sat down and went through this book in a few hours and it’s just amazing how much information is packed in, and how well it is written.  Very easy to understand with lots of diagrams on hooks, yarn, reading charts and so on.
There is a section on the unusual varieties of crochet, pattern language and on fitting garments to yourself.
I could go on and on but I really think anyone interested in being able to have all the answers at your fingertips should read it for themselves.
I would recommend this to my crochet friends......

No comments: