Friday, January 07, 2011

2 Challenges for 2011

So last year I overloaded myself with sewing and Quilting challenges and I have made a promise to myself and my family that I would cut back severely on those this year.

Fair enough on everyone, I kind of felt the pressure towards the end of the year.

So the next best thing is READING...

I have just signed up for 2 reading challenges and couldn't be happier.

2 of my Quilting/Blogging friends are also doing the challenge
AJ and Kylie.  Kylie has even started a whole new blog devoted to reading...

So here is what I am doing.

2011 - 100+ Book Challenge


2011 E-book Challenge


I read every day, even if it's just 5 mins in bed before crashing each night.
I have always been a prolific reader, even way back in the day of the MS Readathon days in school.  People used to get a bit of a shock if they sponsored me per book!!!

I have already read 3 books this year and a half way through my 4th.

I have just ordered myself a Kindle from Amazon and cannot wait to get reading on it and be able to carry around stacks of books all in one tiny device.

So I have added a couple of new Pages up the top to keep tabs on my tally.

Watch out!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Woohoo!! I'm doing both of these as well as 4 others. I've actually started a separate book blog called Little Black Marks. It's at the link below if you are interested.

http://kyliesreads.blogspot.com/

Bec - Farmers Wife said...

I agree, Woohoo! This challenge sounds great.

Jo in TAS said...

I'm a hopeless reader but if I find a book that sucks me in during the first chapter I won't put it down till it's finished!

Susie Jefferson said...

Thanks so much for visiting me and leaving a comment - I'm finally surfacing to wish you a shamefully late Happy New Year after a disastrous computer crash compounded by my 2nd bout of flu! Not a good start... it can only get better, lol.

Hugs from the UK!

(PS: at least I got a lot of reading done).