Friday, May 29, 2009

Finished Project for May

I didn't think I would get anything done this month but Ta Daaaah!!!
Here is my creation.
A "Mei Tai" for me to carry Jess in.


I found a heap of different websites that give patterns and instructions and I just fused a couple together and went for it, I put a pleat in the bottom cause I felt that it was too wide for little Jesss' hips and now it is perfect. The fabric is a FQ that I got on Ebay and the inside is a lovely Jade green with the Hot Pink straps.
DON'T FORGET ABOUT MY GIVEAWAY!!!
I still have one open to Australian Residents a couple of posts below this one.

3 comments:

Lily Mulholland said...

Well done Bec! You finished it by the end of May and it looks great!

Capital Mom said...

Looks great. I have a similar carrier but I am not creative enough to have made it. Maybe one day!

Kate Moore said...

Bec, You're so clever to make and tie one of these. Well done. My sister is very short and there was so much fabric left over by the time she tied a purchased one, I think she gave up in fear she'd trip over it all.
Thanks for the comment on the op shop challenge. With what looks like a sewing streak in your family, I dare say you rush for the op shop fabric stashes. Yah you.