Tuesday, November 17, 2009

8 Month update

I was extremely remiss last month and did not update a photo of Jess on her quilt.
It was a terrible month for me, Sam was sick with a tummy bug for 10 days and Jess had a cold for about the same time straight after he got better.
So now, just when things were going well and she was sleeping from 7pm to 5am she now wakes up 3 or 4 times a night. It doesn't help that the teeth are finally coming through, the first one broke the gum on Sunday and is here to stay.
We have had some ridiculously hot weather for late spring, the days have been mid to late 30's and until last week this was the only way for the kids to stay cool.

I have now invested in a clamshell and they just love it. I can sit on the verandah in a chair behind Jess and catch her if she topples over but I can still read a book and it's very pleasant as Sam is very kind and splashes my feet for me.

We have our all the way around verandah now and in the afternoon the eastern side is full shade and gets a lovely breeze sometimes so it's just bliss for all of us.

And here is the picture of Jess on her quilt, she has grown so much and is quite the character.

She sits up realy well now, she can't get herself up but is getting there. She isn't crawling yet but I expect it won't be long as she rolls herself to wherever she wants to go and gets up on her hands and knees and rocks alot. She also seems to like the push up position... don't know what that's all about.

Finally my pics have uploaded so that's it.

2 comments:

Lily Mulholland said...

Love the pictures of your two in their mini-tubs. Hope the sleeping issues sort themselves out soon. It's the pits isn't it?

Austysmum said...

Such cute photos of your curly haired cherubs in tubs!