Saturday, March 14, 2009

Finished Project for March

Yay, just in time to go to hospital and have a baby. I have finished Sam's quilt that I have been working on since late last year.

Here are some pictures of the quilt and it's owner with his very photogenic poses.

I had a Jelly Roll that I purchased specifically for making his quilt and it is a simple Log Cabin type block that I put sashing around. It wasn't quite big enough to drape over the edges of a single bed so I added quite a large navy border and I was worried about how it would looke especially when I had to make the border wider on the top than the sides but after quilting and binding I think it looks great.

For the quilting I did a simple stitch in the ditch around each square and did some free motion waves around the whole border. It was only my 2nd attempt at freemotion and I am in love with it, I have got my machine all worked out and will be doing much more of it in the future.
I am also really happy with the fact that I had enough Jelly Roll left over to use as the binding, you can't see it much in the pictures but boy it really finishes the quilt off.

1 comment:

Emma said...

Well done! Sam looks very happy with his new quilt!