Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Book Review: Herbal Goddess by Amy Jirsa

Feedback for "Herbal Goddess"

Discover the Amazing Spirit of 12 Healing Herbs with Teas, Potions, Salves, Food, Yoga, and More


5 Stars

So much goodness from only 12 herbs.


I loved this book and here are my reasons.
1. The look, it's just beautiful to look at, from the second you open it you are presented with gorgeous photo's, that fill the page and also create the background. The different font styles used, the colours, the setting out of chapters and sections. It's all just a gorgeous book to look at.
2. The information. Now if you are just not interested in herbs at all, you may be one of those that think it's all hippy mumbo-jumbo, then this book is not for you.  BUT...
If you have even just a teeny bit of interest in herbs and what they can do then I recommend this book highly.
She has taken just 12 herbs, many of which you could find in the yard, the park, the side of the road or a nearby farm.  You could grow them all yourself if you wish, most would grow easily.
These 12 herbs can do so much, I thought I knew a little about herbs but I hardly knew anything.
The amount of information packed into this book on those 12 herbs is amazing.
There is a variety of sections for each herb with all the ways you can use them in cooking, beauty, for the mind, even yoga poses chosen to compliment the individual herb.
There is even more but then this review would get too long.

Have I mentioned how much I loved it, well I do and I will be using it a lot.

I received no payment in any form for this review.....

It was an Advance Reader Copy book for review.

No comments: